Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Schools in....no out!!


Tropical Storm Fay is causing a lot of disruption around here. For one thing, Monday was Amelia's first day of school (see above picture!!)....and now they have closed the schools for today and tomorrow! That means it's like 2 additional days of summer! Are you kidding me????? In addition to that, the weather is NASTY and therefore, we all must stay inside. So far, it looks as though it will get worse before it gets better. We lost power for a short time last night and they have flickered once already this morning. I see no air conditioning in my future!


This is going to be one of those days.....here's my morning so far:


1. The dog has to go out to relieve herself, but, she doesn't like rain. So, I open the door only to have her sit there and look at me like, "Well, do you expect me to get wet?".


2. Olivia is still asleep (it's 8:22am right now) and the longer she sleeps, the more crabby she'll be when she wakes up.


3. Nathan is sitting on the couch watching Curious George....totally ignorning the tornado that has hit his room.


4. Amelia is sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of Cocoa Puffs (oh so healthy)....through a straw that she found in the pantry!!


5. Dan has gone to a doctors appointment, so I am all alone.


6. I am still working on my first cup of coffee which is now cold.


I love days like this....don't you??


Uh oh....I hear Olivia, she's up. Pray for me.

No comments: