Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Still Waiting...

I really think that waiting is the hardest part of all of this. I'm still waiting for the hospital to call with all of my appointments. I mentioned last week that I need to have several scans and some lab work as well as have my port placed. This is yet another instance where I feel as though I have no control over anything...not even my schedule. I do have an appointment on Thursday with the surgeon for another consultation and then they will schedule the short surgery for the portacath placement. Fortunately, this will be done under "twilight sleep". If you've ever had fentanyl or versed.....you'll know why this is great news!! I love that stuff!!

Another area of concern is that right now...I have a cold. It's just your standard stuffy nose, scratchy throat variety but I have developed a slight cough. I feel like it's getting better but I'm not sure how much this will affect my first chemo treatment. While I dread what is ahead, a part of me just wants to get this show on the road...the sooner it gets started, the sooner it will be over.

I'm also trying to get ready for Nathan's birthday. It's on the 10th of this month and he wants a big shindig!! Unfortunately, I'm just not up to it this year. Since it falls on a Wednesday, we'll just have some family and a few friends over for cake in the evening and then I'll see if he'd like to have a friend spend the night that following weekend.

I'm working on another post...that's more interesting than the shabby ones I've been doing. I just don't want to spend every waking moment at the computer. Today is Olivia's day. She gets to spend the entire day with Mommy...all alone.

No comments: