Friday, October 17, 2008

Post chemo #2, Day 2

Some of the same post chemo friends have come to visit again. The one that is the most irritating and stays the longest is the horrible indigestion and heartburn. This pain is really intense this time. Also, hot flashes, headache, fatigue, bone pain and slurry mouth have also stopped by. I have no idea how long they will stay this time. I've been trying to show them the door all day, but alas, they are still here. The Imodium AD already kicked out that one nasty visitor this afternoon. Hopefully, never to return.

The kids are spending the night with my sister-in-law and she is also going to keep them all day tomorrow so that I can rest a little easier. Since Dan has to work, I will do NOTHING tomorrow! I might not even get dressed or take a shower. I will stay in bed most of the day just licking my wounds and trying to get through it. The good news is that I know that each day will more than likely get a little better until in about a week and a half...I will feel pretty good. At least this time, I won't have to worry about when my hair will fall out. I guess now I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for my eyebrows to disappear. I still had to shave my legs this morning....doesn't seem fair now does it?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy-you are doing great! Get lots of rest-and kick that cancer's a$$!

Lots of prayers coming your way!

Tracy said...

Lots of prayers being said:)

Therese said...

still praying for you Nancy. I agree with Therese. lol that sounds so funny. I feel like I am agreeing with myself. Here's to lots of rest and kicking that cancer's a$$.

Jenn L said...

Wow, I didn't realize it took 10 days to feel back to 'normal' again. Will continue to keep you in my prayers. That's great about having the day to recoup. DH just left on a short deployment and I have a tendency to not do much around the house the first 48 hours. (But, then I usually regret it because of the dishes piling up in the sink : ) Oh, my MIL is on Arimedex (sp), but she is definitely post-menopausal. She will be in town in a few weeks - if you would like to meet up w/ her please let me know.

Anonymous said...

There are no quotes or fancy quips to get rid of what you are going through now...instead, I am sending a joke to your e-mail...it will be designed only to distract you...I love you and pray for your always!MM