Monday, November 10, 2008

Just when you think you have things....

figured out...the rules change. I woke up this morning at about 3:30am...coughing. It's that really loose, cruddy cough that really hurts. By 5am, my head was pounding and my throat was so sore I could barely swallow. I called the MD early but they didn't get back to me until this afternoon. I'm on a Z-Pak now with some over the counter cough medicine. I'm just supposed to watch for a developing fever.
We had some very wonderful members of our Engaged Encounter group bring us dinner tonight! What a blessing! I'm not sure I could have tackled that today. It was hot baked ziti with a huge loaf of french bread as well as a big salad. Ice cream and cupcakes for dessert! Dan came home between jobs so he could pick up my prescriptions and help me get dinner on the table. Normally, I would have asked him to stay home from work tonight to help me, but, I'm going to try to eek out some help from my 8 year old. It's 5:55pm here and all of them are bathed up and in their pjs.....the girls are watching an episode of Clifford and Nathan is sitting quietly on the couch reading...."Children of the Civil War" by Candice F. Ransom. I'm tickled to death that he is reading this book. Normally, he'd have a stack of dinosaur or Pokemon books, which, are ok but I'm just glad to see him interested in history.

I hope to be feeling human sometime soon. I can't really tell which symptoms are from the chemo and which are from the upper respiratory infection. Suffice it to say that everything hurts, everything is sore, and I'm hanging on by a thread.

O, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.
O, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.
O, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Still praying for you!