Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Our plans

I thought I'd share with you a few of our plans for tomorrow. It's usually a very quiet day for our family. We will go to Dan's sister's house. There are usually about 15 of us and my house is too small. She's is going to make the turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and I'm in charge of the green bean casserole, sweet potatoes and some appetizers!

I know that there are probably lots of variations on the traditional green bean casserole, but, I think I'll just stick to the normal recipe. The last time I made it with fresh green beans....I had complaints that they were too "squeaky" on their teeth!! Go figure! So this year...I'm going "extra" easy and using canned beans.

I've been searching for just the right sweet potato recipe for weeks! I finally found what I was looking for over at Recipe Zaar. I'm going to do a sweet potato casserole. It sounds really yummy!

I picked a couple of appetizers...

1. Crackers and a Seafood Salad
2. Pigs in a blanket
3. Nancy's Deli Spirals

As you can see....I raided Sam's Club the other day!! However, there is one appetizer that I am making myself....they're called Antipasto Kabobs and I found the recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com/ . Here is a picture of them...

As I type this, I am marinating my tortellini's. I'm going to use cubes of cheese instead of the black olives though. I bought some really cute decorative toothpicks at Hobby Lobby. I'll post some pictures of our feast tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wish all of you the most blessed Thanksgiving you've ever had!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to make green bean casserole and rolls. haven't done a thing yet...Happy Thanksgiving!

Barbara said...

Those kabobs look delish! I'm making sweet potato casserole, too -- Sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, yum!

Tracy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!