Monday, March 30, 2009

A typical Monday...

A while back, I wrote a couple of posts (here and here)about decluttering and organizing. I am sooo not good at either! I have this wonderful book that I peruse a couple of times a week. I have implemented some new things in my home that have helped. For one thing, through much effort (and prayer), I am beginning to develop a better sense of "detachment" from material things. In essence, I just don't have a hard time throwing things away anymore. I used to agonize over it....but not anymore! I don't know what happened...but whatever it was...it happened over night!!

Anyway, this post isn't going to be about my organizing. I want to share with you some organizing that I've found around the blogosphere! I love color and I love to see colorful things sorted and organized....well....let's just say it "floats my boat"! These photos are very visually pleasing to me....maybe they will help to inspire you on this wonderful Monday! Enjoy!

(photo from Caftapalooza)


(photo from Allsorts)


(photo from Emma's Paperie)


(photo by Lisa Call)


(photo from the Domestic Diva)


(photo from Thrifty-fun)

I sure wish my pantry looked like this (sorry Mimi...it's all messed up again).



(photo from Tupperware)


(photo from Tupperware)

Isn't some of this stuff just delicious???? It's strange how visually, I love to see things neat and tidy....but when it comes to my own stuff....I can't seem to get a grip! I'm sure I need psychotherapy or something! But anyway...beware because I'm on the decluttering and organizing rampage again!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't those items lovely? I would love to declutter my life like that!

Therese said...

I want my pantry to look like Mimi's too.

aspiring... said...

I got your comment and email - thank you and thank you and thank you, Nancy. But! :) ... we aren't now flooded. Ours was near two years ago. But do do do do do pray for those facing it now...

A great and fun post, this one!

Tracy said...

oh my goodness, I wish I was that organized.. sadly.. I am not:)

Sarah - Kala said...

Well, because we're moving, we're getting a fresh start. I've started decluttering areas today. I found more stuff for a yard/garage sale for May. If I don't find enough stuff to sell, I'll donate it to a thrift store. I took two back of the van full of trash to the dumpster. I feel better already! Time to hoover and then find more stuff. It feel great!

I used to sell Tupperware, and I had those bowls. I hated the lids and promptly gave them away - yes, they are very pretty, but I had a time getting those lids off!