I was taking a few minutes to read through some of my favorite blogs when I found this meme over at Tracy's Organic Learning! I thought I would give it a try...although I am taking a HUGE risk asking my kids these questions! But here goes!
Kids are honest. What do your kids have to say about you? Ask your child(ren) the following questions, and post their answers. (Nathan's answers are in Bold Black and Amelia's are in Bold Red)
1. What is something your mom always says to you? NO! NO!
(well, at least they're consistent)
2. What makes your mom happy? When I do good things. Do good things.
(I wonder why keeping their room clean never came up!)
3. What makes your mom sad? When I'm not being good. When I do bad things.
(I wonder why NOT keeping their room clean never came up!)
4. How does your mom make you laugh? When she tickles me. Tickle me.
(It's strange, I'm really not that aware of all the tickling going on in this house!)
5. What was your mom like as a child? Uhhhh, I don't know. Ride her bike.
(Nathan usually asks me things like.."Did they have TV way back then when you were a kid")
6. How old is your mom? 44 44
(....and this is what they remember!! Geez)
7. How tall is your mom? Oh my gosh, you are.....66 feet long??? Big.
(No Amelia...the questions wasn't "How WIDE is your mom!)
8. What is her favorite thing to do? To read and to go out to the 40 Days for Life site. Go outside and read....and you like to tickle me.
(How come I don't remember all this time to read?)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Sleep. You snuggle Olivia.
(I am rarely without one of them....so "no" to the sleep answer and yes to the snuggling!)
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? It will be for working on computers.
When you married daddy.
11. What is your mom really good at? Reading, cause you're always finishing books in like 2 days! You're really good at games.
(What...no mention of my cooking....sigh)
12. What is your mom not very good at? Fixing computers. You're not very good at painting our faces.
(Apparently, that face painting course I took didn't take!)
13. What does your mom do for a job? Works at Baptist Hospital. You work.
(blah, blah, blah)
14. What is your mom's favorite food? Green Beans. Broccoli.
(this is wrong on so many levels!)
15. What makes you proud of your mom? Working for money for a house to live in. You sometimes pick me up from school.
(no sainthood material here!)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Minnie Mouse. Caillou.
(I guess this could be worse....like George of the Jungle...or Spongebob.)
17. What do you and your mom do together? We write in journals together. We try to make projects together.
(Try is the operative word here.)
18. How are you and your mom the same? We aren't the same. We look like each other.
19. How are you and your mom different? You go to work and I don't. God made us different.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because when you get mad at me, you say it's because you love me. You help me.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? I don't know. You kiss him.
(There are so many reasons!!)
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? To church. Disney with Nathan.
(Both are correct....as are a million other places!)
Well, I'm quite sure I won't win any "Mother of the Year" awards with these answers.
I must tell you...I wasn't very impressed with Nathan's answers! Although, in his defense, he was trying to watch a Harry Potter movie on the Family Channel over my shoulder. He was NOT interested in answering these questions. I think I'm afraid to ask Olivia...
If you're reading this...consider yourself tagged!