At Cherished Hearts for Home, Gae writes:
In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home. In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'. I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be. I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well. May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings. So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'. Please leave your name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other. If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.God Bless you this week.
So, here are mine for this week...
1. I commit to interacting with my children in a more purposeful and gentle way.
2. I commit to being a better steward of the resources that God has allowed me to have by planning meals, buying only what we need, and getting the clothes out of the washer on time so I don't have to rewash them :)
3. I commit to spending more time in personal prayer and reflection.
4. I commit to being a better wife and to work towards spending more quality time with my husband.
5. I commit to at least getting started on my Advent Calendar because it's going to take every bit of the next six months to get it done.
Why don't you take a few minutes to go visit Gae and her blog to get started on your Hearts At Home!!