You know the kind.....the week that just won't end. The week that makes you wonder why you even bothered to leave the comfort of your bed at all! The kind of week that makes you just want to get into your car and drive......and keep driving until you are as far away as one person can get in the whole 20 minutes that you actually get to yourself!
Interested in my pity party? No? Well, I'm inviting you anyway.....
1. My friend Robbi died of ALS on Wednesday. I can't believe how sad I am. The disease began to manifest itself in February of this year. She suffered a bout with the flu but was not able to shake the fatigue. By April, she was having speech and balance problems. They had given her a preliminary diagnosis of Guillain Barre Syndrome. She had a spinal tap and they discovered through analysis of spinal fluid that she did NOT have Guillain Barre. They thought she might be suffering from a malignant brain tumor.....Cat Scan was clear. As time went on, they came to the conclusion it was ALS...mostly by a process of elimination. She was positively diagnosed on June 18. She deteriorated quickly but was still quick witted and sassy until about an hour before her death. Her mother and brother were with her when she died. Thankfully, I was able to talk with her on her birthday (July 31). A year ago, I thought cancer was the worst thing that a person could be diagnosed with. I was wrong.
2. Sometime in the early morning hours on Tuesday, Olivia woke up with an earache. To make a long story short....she had a raging ear infection! As a matter of fact, the pediatrician noted several blisters on her eardrum. Sigh.....more antibiotics.
3. Sometimes, I hate Facebook. In the last month, I've been in 4 very heated political "discussions" with people that I thought I respected and who I thought respected me. Apparently, the divisions that exist in this country now are just too wide to compromise. While I attacked the issues and called people on the carpet, these people personally attacked me. I am an "angry person who thinks I'm better than anyone else. I also can't seem to show any compassion when someone is at their hour of need". Ordinarily, things like those don't bother me....but they did this time. I feel so bad that I come across this way sometimes. I truly don't mean to. I think sometimes I just get caught up in the emotion of it all and I can't seem to find that thin line between anger and passion.
4. Bank of America just called tonight. There has been "suspicious" activity on Dan's Visa Debit Card. After much research, yes....someone was very busy in HARRISBURG, PA spending almost $1000 of our money at the local Kmart. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE?? Luckily, this issue has been resolved....although Dan needs a knew Debit card now. Do these people have consciences?
5. My good friend in California was in a car wreck. She is ok but there is almost $5000 damage done to her car. There is a lot going on in her life right now...she doesn't need this.
6. I am a total failure as a mother....lately. One of my kids (Her name begins with an "A") is having some behavioral problems right now and I think I'm just making things worse. I've got to find another way with her because what I'm doing now just isn't working for either of us.
7. The laundry is beyond out of control. I keep thinking that if I just ignore it, it will go away. I managed to wash one load yesterday...and then promptly forgot about it. Therefore, I need to re-wash them. If I had just done it right the first time......
I could go on and on. Ok, pity party is over now. Tomorrow, I will try to amend this seemingly "sympathy seeking" post with one about all of the blessings God has given me!