Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall smells...

I took Nathan to the mall on Sunday so that he could spend some of his birthday money. He was so cute as he scouted out how much things cost! He kept trying to do the math in his head to figure out how much he would have left if he purchased a particular item. I was really proud of him as he looked for the things that he really wanted. He settled on a Bakugan Watch and Clock gift set from JCPenney's and then he made a few purchases from this store. All in all, I think he had a great day!

There were some advantages for me as well....just for taking him! First of all....I got to visit this store which I ABSOLUTELY ADORE! As a matter of fact, I am sitting here in my recliner enjoying the wonderful aroma of Spiced Pumpkin and Autumn Wreath! These are two fragrances that I highly recommend for getting into the spirit of the season.

The only disadvantage for me coordinating this shopping trip was trying to buy some new work clothes. I rarely shop for clothes, but when I do, it's usually at Walmart, Kmart or Target. Everything I tried on made me look fat! I finally settled on the Spanx that is supposed to help "smooth out my lines". Frankly, I'm not sure that's possible! Anyway, a word of advice for anyone attempting to go the Spanx route.......Don't Do It!!!! Just don't! Trust me on this one!
If you are like me and visit the ladies room several times a day.....it's just not worth it! I spent more time trying to pull the suckers up and stuffing myself into them, that I'm quite sure I lost a few pounds in the process!

Anyway, it was a nice afternoon spent with just my son. I am so proud of him! He came home with straight A's for this first quarter progress report!!! Now, if I could just get him to be a little nicer to his sisters.....

****Also, thank you all for your ideas regarding my blogging slump! I will be using several of the suggestions in some upcoming posts!************

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I agree with you on the spanx.. I bought it.. I hate it.. I threw it!

Mary N. said...

Those awful store mirrors don't help either. Like I want to see my dimples in a three-way with glaring lights. Right.