Thursday, November 12, 2009

Recipe Swap Thursday

Fall is pecan season here in the south! We have two pecan trees in our back yard! Because of the cute but obnoxious squirrels, we rarely get to enjoy them. This year was no exception. I'll have to buy mine at the store....like I always do! Here are two pecan appetizer recipes....


Chili-Lime Pecans


Stir together 2 tbsp. lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp ground red pepper. Add 3 cups pecans; toss. Spread in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes or until pecans are toasted and dry, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
***These were great...a little spicy, but really, really good*****

Cream Cheese and Olive Pecan Bites

Stir together 3 oz softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup finely chopped pimiento stuffed Spanish olives, 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Spread onto 40 large toasted pecan halves; top with 40 large toasted pecan halves, forming sandwiches.
***I have not yet made these, but it's on my list for this Thanksgiving****
Please visit Therese for more wonderful recipes!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks very yummy! I'll have to remember this one!

Judy Dudich said...

Okay missy...my mouth is watering now. YUM! Nancy! THANKS FOR THESE TASTY LOOKING TREAT IDEAS!


I'll come back tomorrow with a great Clam Dip recipe...I forget a certain measurement and want to make sure I get it right for you :)

Tracy said...

Looks delicious!!!!!!