1. I lost 3.4 lbs this week! That's a total of 13.2! I'm on a roll. According to previous weight-loss history....I lose it quickly at first...and then s-l-o-w way down as the weeks pass. In the end, I think it's better to lose it slowly. What is most different about this time around is that, I have a goal! My goal is not just to lose the weight, but to actually run a 5K! Ok, you can get up off the floor now! I have decided to begin a new program called Couch-to-5K. I know that any kind of running program might seem pretty drastic for someone like me (who views exercise as a disease), but, you start out very slow and work your way up. I'm pretty excited about it, actually. I bought new running shoes today (haven't had a new pair of shoes in almost 3 years!)....they were on sale and I had a coupon. I now have a really nice pair of Women's Nikes for barely $17.
2. Friday night was the annual Father/Daughter Dance at school. This was Amelia's first time! She and Dan had a great time! I will post some pictures when I have a chance to upload them. Next week is Amelia's 6th birthday! I can't believe that exactly 6 years ago today, Dan and I were visiting a funeral home and cemetery as we were told that she might not make it once she was born. One of these days I'll have to write a post about her birth story...but for now, just know that she is a living, breathing, walking MIRACLE! I kid you not! I will forever be grateful to the Infant of Prague for her healing!
3. Speaking of Amelia....this afternoon while we were on our way to the shoe store, we passed a housing development near our home that has a huge brick-like sign stating the name of the neighborhood. As we passed by, Amelia shouts out....."Look mom, there's a purgatory stone...and it's a big one!" I was confused! "What is a purgatory stone, Amelia?", I asked. She replied, "You know, where they bury all the dead people!". I was still not getting it. Nathan had to clarify..."Mom, she means a 'cemetery stone'...you know...a HEAD STONE!" Oh, now I get it!
4. Not to be outdone by her sister....Olivia, when told it was time for bed, told me that she didn't want to go to bed...that she wanted to "stay up earlier" tonight! See....I'm not crazy! There really is a reason why my brain is mush most of the time!
5. THE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON OF LOST AIRS IN JUST 2 DAYS!!!!