Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A thankful woman's book of blessings!

My friend, Judy at Benmakesten, hosts a wonderful meme on Wednesdays called "A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings"! This meme allows a place for us to share all of the wonderful blessings that God bestows on us...everyday! There is no way that I could list them all, but here are just a few:

1. I am thankful for memories of times gone by! I recently received a CD as a gift from a very dear friend. The CD is of his brother's band that used to play in the Bay Area (S.F.) in the early 90's. I had not heard this music in over 15 years! It brought back so many wonderful memories of friendship and good times! It really was a special time in my life. I've listened to the CD while doing dishes and making dinner for the last two nights in a row. The girls and I dance around the kitchen like little kids (hey, the girls are little kids!). Anyway, it's been wonderful remembering and seeing how God was blessing me...even then! Thanks, Paul!
2. I am thankful for my faith! I'm not sure I would be here today if it wasn't for my faith in God and His Church. Seriously. I know that I owe my life to the protection of Our Blessed Mother!
God has given me so much and I realize that it is through the eyes of His Church that I am even able to comprehend what little I do about His love for me. To even fathom that He knew me and loved me for all eternity...leaves me awestruck and very humbled.
3. I am thankful for my blogging friends! I know that it seems strange to call women that you've never physically met "friends", but, it's true! The connection that I feel with these ladies sometimes leaves me scratching my head! These women help me to grow in my faith daily. They inspire me, encourage me, pray for me and share with me...everyday! They mean the world to me!
4. I am thankful for my health! I guess this is one of those things where you don't know what you've got until it's gone! I have learned that taking care of this temple is so very important. I don't do such a great job at this. I need to eat better, exercise more, worry less and laugh a ton!
God has removed the cancer...at least for now! He has given me this time to be with my family and grow in relationship with Him! I pray that I can make good use of this time...whether it lasts for 30 years or 3 years.
5. I am always thankful for my husband and children! They are the reason I get up every morning! They are the reason I have gray hair! They are the reason that I live and breathe!
They are also the reason that I have this strange twitch! They are the reason why I am the happiest that I've ever been in my life! And yet, they are the reason why I need several cups of coffee in the morning and the reason I sometimes contemplate getting in the car and just driving...and driving and driving. They are the reason why I was born...to be a mom and wife! They are the reason I feel so loved! One of them (who shall remain nameless) is the reason I am up right now...posting this at 3:32am! God love em'!
Happy Wednesday, everybody!

9 comments:

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katia said...

Hi,
Nice to meet you. Yes, i am very thankful for my blogging friends. We are blessed beyond what we can even began to describe.
Blessings to you and yours today,
Katia

Ruth said...

Hello Nancy. I'm Ruth. I'm glad you're able to join Judy and the rest of us this week. I enjoyed reading your gratefulness. I pray that you continue to be in good health.

blessings!

Unknown said...

I am so thankful for you, dear friend!

Sarah - Kala said...

Nice background. It's WARM and cozy!!

Grateful for you, friend.

Unknown said...

Nancy,
This is a beautiful and thoughtful post. I feel the same way about my faith and blogging friends as well.
God Bless!

Tracy said...

Lovely background!! What wonderful blessings!!

Easter Almuena said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Nancy, wonderful lady and a good friend! May God bless you in many awesome ways!

Judy Dudich said...

Thanks for joining the meme today Nancy! Right back atcha' on number 3!!! Your whole list is so beautiful...and number 5 feels as though you've been peeking in my diary...if I had one, LOL