Sunday, January 17, 2010

UPDATE: Tonight's Dinner

Update!!!!! These were terrific!! I added 2 packets of Splenda to the dipping sauce to balance the sauce a little. I served them with Jasmine rice and stir fried zucchini. I will make this again!!!

This is what's on our menu for tonight! I found this wonderful website as I was searching for Weight Watcher ideas! The nutrition information and point values appear with every recipe! I also subscribed to the website and now I receive meal ideas in my email on a regular basis. Here
is the recipe for tonight's dinner....


Asian Turkey Meatballs With Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Size: 3 meatballs • Calories: 229 • Points: 4.75 pts


1/4 cup panko crumbs
1-1/4 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
1 egg
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 scallions, chopped
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
Dipping Sauce

4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp water
1 chopped fresh scallion


Preheat oven to 500°F.
Mix ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, cilantro, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tsp oil and mix with your hands until combined well. Shape 1/4 cup meat mixture into a ball and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.

For the dipping sauce mix together lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl. Add scallions.

Transfer meatballs to a serving dish. Stir sauce, then drizzle meatballs with 1 tablespoon sauce.
Serve meatballs with remaining sauce. Chances are you won't use all the dipping sauce.
Makes 12 meatballs.
I'll let you know how it tastes!

No comments: