Tuesday, June 15, 2010

HOT!


It's just too hot to do anything! I tried to get out of the house with the kids for a little while today, but, we didn't get far. We managed to have a sandwich at a local deli and my plan was for us to walk to the park from there.....nope. Waaay too hot!

As a matter of fact, when we got into the car, Nathan noticed that our small, hand-held, plastic calculator had melted! About half of the keys aren't usable anymore...so once we cooled it off, we popped of the keys that had melted. Otherwise, it seems to work ok!

So, here we sit in the air conditioned house watching a video (An American Tail: Fievel Goes West)! Perhaps when the movie is over, I can persuade them to take a nap!


I hope it's cooler where you are!

3 comments:

Julie Cragon said...

Mine went to the movies with their grandma. I agree. Too hot to do much.

Unknown said...

Movie day here too-RAIN! Sigh, and too cold to swim...

Mary N. said...

That is hot! No, we can't fry an egg on the pavement (yet) here in N.H. but I'm sure it won't be long!