Sunday, August 1, 2010

He's home!

Nathan is home from camp!  I am so relieved!  We were half way down to Ocala when I realized that we accidentally left the camera at home...so there are no pictures.  Other than a bee sting, he came home happy and healthy and in different clothes than when we dropped him off! 

He seemed to really enjoy himself.  Right after the closing mass, Nathan asked Fr. Henry if he could go to confession before he left!  How often does a 9 year old ask to go to confession...at summer camp?  Fr. Henry didn't hesitate, even for a second!  He said, "Absolutely!  Let's go!"....and off they went.

At camp, the boys were in the habit of saying morning & evening prayers, the Rosary and the Angelus.  This morning, when Nathan woke up, he asked me to say the Angeles with him!  I LOVE the Angelus!  This has been my favorite prayer since the 8th grade!  Several times over the last few years, I've attempted to make saying this prayer a habit in our household.  We've done well for a few weeks...and then it tapered off.  My son has re-inspired me to start this devotion again!

Happy August!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad he is home!

Judy Dudich said...

Yay for changing clothes!
Yay for confession at camp!
Yay for the Angelus (I find setting a timer to ring at noon helps)
and most of all, YAY THAT NATHAN IS HOME AGAIN!