Saturday, May 28, 2011

60 Day Photo Challenge - Day 6

*Post a picture of the person you'd love to trade places with for a day*

You're going to think I'm nuts (that's assuming that you don't think that already!), but I really, really don't  want to trade with anybody for a day.  I know, that sounds nuts but it's true.  Trading places for a day with a movie star or a really wealthy person is not at all appealing to me.  I mean, how much of their lives (wealth or notoriety) could you really experience in only one day?  Not much.  It would almost be a waste of 24 hours.
Of course, I wouldn't mind trading CHECKING ACCOUNTS with a really wealthy person for a day!  I could do some serious damage on Amazon.com!!

I thought all day about who I would choose when I wrote this post.  Finally, I came up with someone who I wouldn't mind trading places with for one day.  Here's her picture:

Yes, that's Michelle Duggar!  I would trade with her for one day!  I chose her because I truly believe she is a happy person!  She's a person that sees the glass as half full!  Her faith in God is amazing!  To tell you the truth, I would just love to have 19 people call me "mom"....even if just for one day.  If Dan and I had met earlier in life...and if I had not had any fertility issues (and then eventually, cancer)....we would have many more children! 
I always dreamed of having a large family and I'm always amazed when I meet people who have more than 5 children.  One of my best friends has seven!  She is an amazing woman too!  She homeschools all 7 of them!  I think that these are the types of women that we should emulate and hold up as role models instead of people like Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey!  Mind you, I have nothing against them, but people like Michelle Duggar and my friend Paige M. are doing the most important job there is, bringing children into the world.  Nurturing them and teaching them to love and care for others, teaching them to love and serve God and teaching them about taking care of each other and being an example to their younger siblings.

Michelle Duggar's life is FAR from perfect...but perfection is not what I based my desire to trade places with her on.  I just wanted to see how she does it...to watch all those little ones running around and watching how their family (all 23, including the daughter-in-law and the grandchildren) works.

Go ahead, call me crazy.  I don't mind.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Love it! I wouldn't mind trading with her either.