Saturday, June 18, 2011

60 Day Photo Challenge - Day 25

*Post a picture of your day*

Over the past two weeks, the days here in Jacksonville have been filled with smoke!  Apparently, there are several fires burning in the surrounding counties (and a very large fire in Georgia)!  It has been so HOT here...reaching into the upper 90's in the afternoon!  Between the heat and the smoke, it feels as though I'm living on the surface of the sun!  The smoke has made it hard to breathe.  As a matter of fact, I ended up with an inhaler because of irritation in my bronchial tubes and my lungs.  I can't really tell if it's allergies or the smoke!  My guess is that it's a little of both!  Anyway, here is a picture of my days....lately!

This is a photo of downtown Jacksonville on Wednesday of this week!  I've been keeping the kids indoors which means a lot of computer games, videos, board games and playing dress up....as well as several episodes of Spongebob (ew).  As a matter of fact...the following conversation transpired between Amelia (age 7) and myself yesterday...

Amelia:  Mom, is Bikini Bottom real?  Because if it is, I'd like to live there!

Mom:  Nope, it's not real, Amelia....it's a CARTOON!

Amelia:  Darn!

Please God, take the smoke away so my kids can go back outside to play!  Amen.

1 comment:

KathY said...

With a near and very dear 4-almost-5 year old in my life, I have a question for you, for Amelia. "What is it exactly that you like about Bikini Bottom?" I think I might ask my 4-year-old the same question...

Just thinking Nancy... The most fun kids in my charge have had is with moving boxes: building huts and labyrinths and walkways and such. Maybe next hot day or 'smoke-in' you can get hold of grocery story cartons and Amelia can be put in 'charge of constructing a 'real Bikini Bottom... hm... I'm thinking of something along the same lines for my 4-year-old...