Monday, June 6, 2011

60 Day Photo Challenge - Day 15

*Post a picture of something you want to do before you die*



Aurora Borealis

Grand Canyon

Crater Lake, Oregon

I have been very blessed over the years to be able to visit and live in some wonderful places!  The beauty of the Pacific Coast in California can't be matched!  The tall Redwoods and ancient Sequoia's, the sunset over the ocean, the snowy mountains of the Sierra's and the fields of flowers and produce in the Central Valley....all are incredible to behold.  But, the above 3 places are dreams I've had for a very long time.  Eventually, I'll get to each one...when the timing (God's timing) is right.

5 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Nancy you certainly have been blessed by the many places you have visited and being able to share in photos. Thank you. blessings.

KathY said...

Ah! Raising my glass to a fellow traveller! By land and by heart! Cheers :) !

Nancy, have you heard of southern lights? Aurora Australis? (Maybe everyone knows about them but I was shocked when I learned about them. Could be because I have north-anything on the brain and in the blood.) Anyway, they occur in the southern hemisphere and are redder whereas Aurora Borealis is greener. I've read that they are rarer than northern lights and I can believe that because in my 20-25 years in the Jax area, I saw them just once. In fact, the phenonenon was all over the newspapers the next morning. Anyway, point being, keep an eye out for those too if you're not already. <3 , KathY

Sarah Oldham said...

My parents honeymooned at Crater Lake.

Frizzy said...

I second what Kathy said, "Raising my glass to a fellow traveler. By land and by heart! Cheers!"

When you make it to the Grand Canyon be sure to take the old fashioned train ride in or out. It is fun for kids and adults alike even in winter.

I love living in CA and exploring all it has to offer. Like you I too hope to see the Aurora Borealis and Crater Lake and countless other creations of God.

Friday afternoon we were blessed to spend time in Yosemite and to be showered in the mist from Bridal Veil falls. The word AMAZING doesn't come close to describing it.

noreen said...

Hi Nancy, those pictures are gorgeous1 I would love to visit the Grand Canyon and Crater Lake, Oregon.