Monday, April 23, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...the morning is just beginning.  It's still cool and crisp and clean.  It rained all weekend.  We needed it.

I am thinking...that I should probably take some special time with Nathan over the next few weeks.  He's been really struggling lately and it seems that he and I have been butting heads on a regular basis.  I think we both need some TLC.

I am thankful for...my husband.  I'm not sure why he puts up with me.  All I know is that he is a very patient man and that I am blessed to be married to him.

From the learning rooms...I wish I had something enlightening to share here, but I don't.  We are just trying to get through these last few weeks of school.  It's times like these that I will forever be grateful for our year of homeschooling.  Sometimes the "traditional school hoops" can leave us all tired from having to jump through them.  Sigh.


From the kitchen...I'm leaning towards a chicken and rice casserole of some sort with a side of steamed green beans.  If I don't get off my duff soon, it will just be grilled cheese sandwiches.

I am wearing...blue jeans, gray t-shirt, flip-flops (definitely NOT a fashion statement!)

I am creating...a plan for deep cleaning the house.  Dan and Nathan will be gone for several days in June...and I plan to get a babysitter for the girls while I PURGE!

I am going...to a very special concert at church tonight.  If you've ever heard Colleen Nixon sing, you know just how wonderful she is.  If you haven't, take a few minutes to listen.  You will be blessed.

I am reading...I'm actually in the middle of Stephen King book.  I wanted some mystery, intrigue and even some spookiness.  However, I'm never quite prepared though for the type of horror that King seems to be able to conjure up in his sick, sick mind.  It's over 1000 pages, and I may or may not finish it.  If he could just get on with the actual plot...instead of all this side stuff...I'd be really happy.

I am hoping...that the next week will be "event less". 

I am hearing...the fan on my laptop.


Around the house....signs that no one has taken the time to straighten up lately.

One of my favorite things...quiet.

A few plans for the rest of the week....concert at church, movie with my sister-in-law on Wednesday, my niece's college graduation on Friday....and lots of arguing about homework to fill in the gaps..

A picture thought I'd like to share:
Playing with our new camera....Clearly I haven't figured out how to use it yet!

1 comment:

CC Jen said...

What Stephen King book are you reading? I read 11/22/63 a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it!