Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Idea Room Photo-a-Day Challenge, September 2013, Days 11 and 12

Day 11 - in the distance (September 11)

This is always such a weird day for me.  It's funny that even 12 years later, the emotion is still raw.  I was not in New York on the day the Twin Towers came down.  I do not know anyone that was killed, injured or escaped that day.  Still, in the pit of my stomach, I feel pain when I see images.  I think all of us suffer a little PTSD from 9/11/01, don't you?

When you are in the midst of tragedy, it's hard to see anything but what is right in front of you.  But, I'm here to tell you that if you can look beyond the evil of it all, there....in the distance, is Hope.

Image Credit


Day 12 - New (September 12th)

A new school year for all three of my darlings.....

Nathan - 7th Grade

 
Amelia - 3rd Grade



Olivia - 2nd Grade

 
They are growing so fast!  I wish we could slow down time, just for a bit. 



No comments: