Thursday, July 31, 2008

T Minus 82 hours......


Well, we're almost there. I'm working feverishly to get the house in order. I will try to use tomorrow to finish up laundry, change beds and get the kids packed to go to Aunt Fran's.

I had to get all my paperwork squared away today for my short term disability. There were about 7 forms to fill out and now I have to bring my surgeon his portion to sign. We should then be ready for my 4 weeks of leave.....well, the paperwork will be ready anyway.

Nathan has spent two of the last 3 nights at a friend's house. He's had such a great time but I must say, I've missed him. I pulled him down to the chair I was sitting in tonight to hug and kiss him. He doesn't fit in my lap anymore. When did that happen? I firmly believe that the only flaw that God made in creating humans was not to have added a "pause" button on our kids. It would be nice to slow down their growth just a tad so we can enjoy them a little longer.
As you can see from this picture, he's a good lookin' Tiger Scout!! He's a little knobby-kneed like his mom!!! I will try and share some pictures of the girls in the coming days. I wanted to close tonight's post with a quote from a book I'm reading.....
"The soul is healed by being with children"
--Fyodor Dostoevsky
I would say that is true...at least in my case, with my children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you all are getting over your bronchitis crud OK. I guess if Nathan is off visiting friends he must at least be on the mend. Wish we were closer to give you a big hug. Hang in there! We will be in touch after Monday!

Love, Frank and Lillian