Friday, June 12, 2009

I fell off....

...........the Weight Watcher wagon. My excuse is that I have an appointment next week with the oncologist and I'm very, very nervous! Sadly, I eat more when I'm stressed! It's too bad I'm not more disciplined in this area. I know that it's just a matter of making a choice to deal with my anxiety in another way. I'll weigh in again this Thursday and I'll be able to assess the damage. I'm holding out hope that it hasn't been a total bust.
In the meantime, I'll just concentrate on biting my fingernails and other ways of worrying until I get the all clear from my oncologist.

Remember, most loving Virgin Mary, never was it heard that anyone who turned to you for help was left unaided. Inspired in this confidence, though burdened by my sins, I turn to you for protection for you are my mother. Mother of the Word of God, do not despise my words of pleading, but be merciful and hear my prayer. Amen.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You will be in my prayers (as always) the next week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
You just need a big hug. ((((((((())))))))) I will say a few prayers for you at Mass on Sunday.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

I fell of the same wagon a few months ago and have yet to jump back on. No more excuses! I've said a prayer for you and hope you find the strength you need!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your weight. The important thing is that you get a good report from your oncologist. You'll be in my prayers.

Barbara said...

Make yourself a lovely comforting cup of tea and take it, and your rosary, into a nice quiet room and pray. You'll feel better afterward, and if you still want a snack, have it. Life's too short.