Then, I started looking around for drawer pulls that would match the color scheme I have going on. I didn't find anything I liked at any of the local stores. So, I started searching the internet. I ran across several that I really liked, but they were between $8 - $10! Wow...that's way too expensive when you need 12. So, a friend of mine had some wooden ones she had purchased for a craft project and she gave me 12. I decided I would paint them myself. I finished them last night with a couple of coats of varnish. Here is how the process went:
At first, I couldn't figure out how I was going to hold them and paint them without getting finger prints all over them. So, when I was at the craft store, I bought some wooden dowels and some of the flower foam stuff. I think this worked out really well.
I used the light mint green from the bedroom walls as a base coat for the knobs. I had to do three coats just to cover the wood grain properly.
Instead of brushes, I bought some paint pens....this worked really well. It was tricky though as there was nothing to rest the edge of my hand on while drawing. I had twelve to paint and none of them are exactly the same.
A very hard to see pink flower!
A much easier to see pink flower.
I'll post more pictures of the dresser and the entire room once everything is finished. I still have to find window treatments. I tried Home Depot, Lowe's, Target and Walmart yesterday and was not able to find what I want. I'm going to try on line later today or whenever I have time.