Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Owl Family!

Have you been watching Molly, McGee, Max and Pattison? I noticed Danielle Bean posting about Molly last week! I've been hooked ever since!

McGee and Molly are Barn Owl parents that live in San Marcos California. Recently, Molly laid 6 eggs (one didn't make it). So far, two of the eggs have hatched....Max was first...and Pattison came late last night (CA time). The next egg will probably hatch sometime in the next two days.

If you click here....you will be able to watch Molly take care of her owlets! I must say that this is a wonderful teaching tool! Our kids wake up every morning and run to the computer to check on Molly. McGee does not live in the nest with Molly but he brings her food several times a night to keep her and the owlets fed. So far, I have watched him bring a rat, a couple of mice and 2 rabbits! I've learned more about owls in the last few days than I have in my entire life!

Take a few minutes to read Danielle's post (link above) and then go there yourself!

No comments: