Monday, October 4, 2010

Just for today!

Outside my window...

Still dark but it's a cool 63 degrees (for a brief moment). I've been praying for some fall like weather and God has kindly allowed me just a glimpse. For however long it lasts (the weatherman says about 2 days), I'm going to enjoy EVERY second!


I am thinking...

...about my spiritual life and how I can make it better. I find myself so busy lately that it's hard to find time to just "be" with God. It's easy to just shrug it off saying, "oh well, God knows where I am and that everything I do for my family is a prayer". Yes, that would be the easy thing. However, I need to make an effort to communicate with God....to allow Him to communicate with me. For me, this means being still, being quiet.


I am thankful for...

...my family. It is so easy to take advantage of the gifts that my husband and children are to me. I am ashamed to admit that there are days when I feel like I could turn them all in for new, quiet and more obedient models! They are my life and I love more than I could ever express.


From the learning room...

..we're still working on on the human body! Today, Nathan will continue working on the skeletal and the muscular system. Amelia and Olivia will be learning more about our 5 senses. I have some fun, themed activities planned as well as a trip to the zoo tomorrow! If the weather stays nice as the day progresses, we will do some of our lessons outside! I have not been doing a good job at keeping our book lists updated so I will work on that this week.

From the kitchen...

... I found a recipe for Beef Empanadas that I'm going to try tonight as I have all the ingredients to make them. The rest of the week will be easy and cheap as payday isn't until Friday! I have some fish and a pork loin in the freezer and some potatoes that I need to use up.


I am wearing...

....pink pajamas in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.


I am creating...

...some fall projects for the kids and I to do...pumpkin decorating (not carving) and a fall leaf activity. Also, we're going to make a pasta skeleton! Pictures to follow!


I am reading...

...With the exception of my Magnificat, I'm not reading anything for myself. However, we are in the middle of a family read aloud called, "Adventures on Amelia Island: A Pirate, A Princess, and a Buried Treasure" by local author Jane R. Wood. I would call it "historical fiction" about a nine year old boy and his adventures into local history. This is the second in a series!


I am hoping...

..for a productive homeschooling week with cooperative students and a non grouchy teacher!


I am hearing...

..the hum of the fan.


Around the house...

...laundry and getting the girls to clean their room.


One of my favorite things...

...that first pumpkin spice latte of the season..it was divine!

A few plans for the rest of the week...

...same ole, same ole, but with a better attitude! The zoo, soccer practice, a soccer game and a book fair. I'm also considering taking our dog to church this afternoon for the Blessing of the Animals in honor of St. Francis.

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

Yaya and her classmates were just learning about their senses too. She's loved it and each day she couldn't wait to tell me what messages her nose or eyes were sending to her brain.