Thursday, March 17, 2011

EWTN Schedule

I was reading my EWTN newsletter for April and I saw a few things that are coming up that I wanted to share:

Sister Faustina:  The Promise of Mercy
Explore the life of Blessed Sister Faustina to whom Our Lord gave the the devotion to His Divine Mercy, asking her to promulgate it throughout the world. (30 minutes)
Airs April 1st at 3am & 6:30pm

Faustyna
Explore the life of St. Faustina, the great apostle of Divine Mercy. (90 minutes. Polish & English subtitles)
Airs April 27 at 1pm & April 30 at 8pm

Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings: A Catholic Worldview
Joseph Pearce uncovers the Catholicism found in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. (60 min)
Airs April 4 at 10pm, April 6 at 1pm & April 8 at 5am

A Tiny Piece of Heaven
Explore the lives and faith of a community of believers in the small coastal town of Magadan, Siberia, which
at one time was a slave labor camp. (30 min)
Airs April 14 at 3am & 6:30pm

JPII and the Sick:  The Value of Suffering
Take a journey with Pope John Paul II around the world as he reaches out with the love of Christ to the sick and suffering, calling us, as Jesus did, to do the same. (30 min)
Airs April 15 at 3am & 6:30pm

Love is a Choice
A glimpse into the life of St. Gianna Beretta Molla, through interviews with those who knew here, as well
as excerpts from several letters she exchanged with her husband. (60 min)
Airs April 27 at 2am, April 29 at 10pm and April 30 at 2pm

You can see the schedule of other specials on EWTN for the month of April by clicking HERE!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, I need to mark the Tolkien one on the calendar. That looks like a good one to watch with my husband.

Tara B. said...

Oh! Thanks for sharing this! I often miss a lot of good things because we don't have a TV guide and I haven't quite mastered the online guide thing. I am impressed with some of the programming this channel has had lately and thankful for me DVR! Will be printing this up and scheduling my DVR to catch a few of these. Thanks again!

Just another wallflower said...

Thank you for sharing this! We currently don't have DirectTV, and I have to do my watching online. I sure miss my DVR. LOL Thanks again!