Tuesday, May 24, 2011

60 Day Photo Challenge - Day 2

*Post a picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest*


That's yours truly in the middle!  The person on the left (on my right), is my friend Kathy D.  Kathy and I met on a diocesan retreat back in the summer of 1982 or 1983.  This picture had to have been taken sometime around 1990.

She has been a loving, committed constant in my life ever since.  Kathy has seen me through thick and thin, good times, bad times, happy times, financial crisis, medical crisis and every other kind of 'times' and 'crisis' that you can think of.  When I moved to Florida in 1997, I was heartbroken that we would be apart.  Thankfully, the miles have not destroyed our friendship.  I admit that since getting married, having kids, working part time, homeschooling and all the other things I have going on in my life....I don't call as often as I should.  I'm just bad at stuff like that!  Kathy has a pretty hectic schedule too and so I'm just glad when we can cross paths, even for a 10 minute phone call.  She always makes time for me.

Since I've known her, she has NEVER once forgotten to send a birthday card, Christmas card or gifts to myself, Dan & the kids.  She was extremely supportive during my cancer treatment!  She is truly my best friend.  She is part of my family and I know that I am part of hers, as well.  I couldn't imagine my life without her!  I wish that all of you could meet her! 

Kathy, I don't tell you enough how much you mean to mean or how much I love you.  I'm sorry for that.  You certainly ended up with the short end of the friendship stick.  But, you are always in my heart.  You are part of me.  Forever!

No comments: