1. Going to a funeral today. We are laying to rest my good friend Patty B. I went to the vigil/rosary last night and it was a true celebration of her life! What an incredible woman! I thank God that He allowed our paths to cross. I am blessed to have known her. Rest in peace, Patty!
2. The kids have been attending Day Camp at our parish school for the last 3 weeks. They've really enjoyed it! Although I know they are safe and well taken care of there, it seems more like day care. I guess I was expecting something more like Vacation Bible School. Anyway, although it's costing us a fortune, Dan has pleaded with me to allow them to go for one more week. He really needs to work the extra hours as he has much to do at the schools to get them ready for the new school year to start. This goes against everything I feel in my heart, but I need to do this for my husband. Lord, help me to be supportive WITH a good attitude!
3. Gas prices are going up again! They had gotten down to $3.37 around here just two weeks ago and the price is now somewhere around $3.59 today. I wish I understood more about economics. The way the prices fluctuate makes it seem so arbitrary.
4. I can't believe the final installment of Harry Potter is finally here! I suppose it had to come to an end at some point. We have really enjoyed this series. For me, this was a true picture of good versus evil. Without giving anything away, let's just say that I'm glad it ended the way it did. I have found myself very attached to these characters. I will miss them.
5. I have gained so much weight over the last few months! I weigh more now than I EVER have! My doctor and I have discussed that it's really important that I lose some major lbs over the next few months. I wish I could afford Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem to jump start some weight loss for a few months. If I could lose about 40-50 lbs on one of those programs, I could then move to something less "extreme" (like Weight Watchers) to maintain. Anybody out there feel like sponsoring a "hefty" woman for a couple of months?
6. ALLERGIES!! Enough said!
7. I received the MARCH/APRIL issue of Homeschooling Today magazine (nothing like receiving it late!) yesterday! I wanted to share with you a poem that appeared in this issue...it touched my heart:
by William Blake (1757-1827)
How sweet is the shepherd's sweet lot!
From the morn to the evening he strays;
He shall follow his sheep all the day,
And his tongue shall be filled with praise.
For he hears the lamb's innocent call,
And he hears the ewe's tender reply;
He is watchful while they are in peace,
For they know when their shepherd is nigh.