Wednesday, December 21, 2011

FAIL!

I flew off the handle tonight at Olivia!  I blew the situation way out of proportion.  I yelled, needlessly.  I popped her on the behind, sent her to her room and then....if you can believe it....I demanded an apology from HER!

What is wrong with me?  Do you ever have days where you feel like you are the worst parent in the world?  Do you ever have days where you feel like God made a huge mistake in allowing you to cooperate with Him and bring forth life?  Do you ever feel like your children would be better off with someone else as their mother?  Or, am I the only one?

On second thought.....don't answer that.

I was too tired and too lazy to make dinner when I got home from work today.  I had an attitude because Dan got home much earlier than me...and he didn't plan dinner.  When I got home, he sauntered off to a meeting at church.  Who the heck has a meeting for the spring talent show on December 21st?????  I get tired of being the only one who clearly has two working hands.  It really ticks me off.  So, instead of sacrificing my own wants and needs for my family (like normal moms do everyday)....my kids fended for themselves.  They had sliced cheddar cheese and crackers....a cereal bar and a frozen waffle (one plain, one with butter and sugar, and the other with peanut butter).  They had water to drink! 

Yup!  That's "mother of the year" material, don't you think? 

Epic FAIL!

5 comments:

Beth F said...

Well, actually reading this makes me feel a million time better, knowing I am not the only one who loses her temper :)

As far as dinner goes, if my husband isn't going to be around, I have no desire to cook, really...so I can see that dinner in the future for my kids. (When they are old enough to fend for themselves.)

And yes, the talent show meeting tonight was dumb.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

We've all been there. Some of us as recently as yesterday :)

Praying that you will hang in!

Frizzy said...

Thank you for your honesty. I know it wasn't easy to do. I think all of us moms have had days like this we hate to think of let alone admit to having. YOU are not a failure of a mom. YOU ARE HUMAN! We all have our moments where enough is enough.

I know it doesn't take away the hurt or guilt you feel right now but I promise this too shall pass. Your family still loves you to the moon and back and so do we.

The very best part? God loves you and knows your pain and has already forgiven you. All you need to do is forgive yourself.

noreen said...

Don't beat yourself up Nancy. We've all been there with our families and failed epically (is that a word?)! But we ask for forgiveness, pick ourselves up and pray for peace of heart and endurance or whatever else your needs are. Praying for you!

Judy Dudich said...

This gives me an idea for a new "meme"...it can be called the "Epic Mothering FAILS" meme...I'd be able to post every other day. LOL