Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

Although I'm grateful for all of the blessings that I have received, I'll be glad to have 2011 behind me.  I guess, for me, starting from a clean slate gives me hope.  It gives me some encouragement that times will get better and this dark cloud that has been hanging over me will give way to some clearer skys!

I'm not going to pretend that everything is hunky-dory.  I can't.  But I can see some improvement over the last few days.  For one thing, the weather has been cooler.  Not as cool as I'd like it to be...but as cool as it's going to get for Florida.  I'm not exactly sure why the weather is so intimately connected to my mood...but it is.

I thought I would share with you two things that I've come across lately that has really uplifted my mood.

1.  I love liturgical calendars.  Sanctus Simplictus has a wonderful example (along with down loadable resources) that you can make yourself!  Although the new Liturgical Year started a few weeks ago....it's still a good way to start off the year!

2.  I found a new free app for my phone called....Google Sky Map!  I spent about an hour outside last night just checking out the sky.  The brightest star out last night turned out to be a planet instead....it was Jupiter!  What an awesome tool!  I even used it today (even though I can't see any stars)....you will love this app!

Anyway, thank you all for your support, your loving kindness, you comments and suggestions, and mostly, your prayers and your friendship.

Have a wonderful, safe and happy new year!

1 comment:

noreen said...

Hi Nancy,

I haven't been by in awhile and I'm sorry for that! A busy Advent Season and I took a bit of a blogging break a bit ago. How are you? How's your health? I'm going to go back and read more of your posts and offering up prayers right now for a better 2012 for you and your family!