Tuesday, April 24, 2012
A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings
My special friend, Judy, hosts this meme every Wednesday! Her motto is "a thankful heart is a joyful heart"! I completely agree! In this meme, we are to share 5 things that we are thankful for this week. Please join us for an Attitude of Gratitude and visit Judy's blog for the link up! Prepare to be blessed!
1. This week, I'm extremely grateful for the gift of song/music. I've heard it said that when you sing, you pray twice! I was blessed to hear some very special Sacred Music by a very special artist. Once I heard her sing (by "her", I mean Colleen Nixon), I was instantly in the presence of God! Honestly, it was a gift!
2. I'm very thankful for friends who you can share daily frustrations and joys with. It's so nice to be able to talk to someone and you know that they know how you feel...because they've been there, done that! It's almost as though words aren't needed....just a look, a glance and the recognition of "I know how you feel."
3. I'm thankful that we have a religious articles shop right in the back of our church! I found Amelia's First Communion veil there just this past weekend! I have been looking all over town (and on the internet) but not really finding what I was looking for. After mass on Sunday, I snuck into the shop for a few minutes and found the perfect one!
4. For family celebrations! We just celebrated my nephew's Confirmation and my niece will be graduating from college this coming Friday....with honors! We also have Amelia's First Communion next month, as well as Olivia's graduation from Kindergarten. I don't see these events as burdens to "get through"....I see them as times of enjoying each other's company, lots of laughter and lots of good food!
5. I'm thankful today, for the gift of memories. I miss my mother and father so much. My dad has been gone for 30 years (in June)...and yet it seems like yesterday. Sometimes, when I'm in a crowd of people, I hear someone cough or clear their throat and it sounds just like my dad. It's almost as if he's right there with me. Usually, when that happens, I spend the rest of the day reliving memories of the special times with my dad. My mom has been gone for 6 years and sometimes, I still pick up the phone as if to call her. If we didn't have memories of our loved ones, a part of our lives would cease to exist. We are who we are because of them. Their memories will live on in my heart and mind, forever! Thank goodness!!
What are you thankful for this week???