Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catching Up Post

It's been a good 3 weeks since I've posted.  I don't really know what has gotten into me lately.  I just don't feel very inspired to write.  I want to, but on most days, my mind is a total blank.  Even now, as I'm typing, I have no idea what will end up in this post.

We have spent the last week trying to get a head start on preparing for school.  School uniforms were a big deal this year.  Since Nathan is going into middle school, his school clothes changed the most.  He now has to wear a button down shirt with a tie!  By the end of last school year, none of his pants fit correctly.  He kept telling me that he couldn't keep them buttoned.  Wonderful...loving...and helpful mom that I am, I told him to hold his breath and lay down on his bed to get them zipped up!  I refused to buy him new pants at the end of the year...knowing full well that even those wouldn't fit him by the end of the summer.

The girls didn't really need anything.  We have plenty of shirts and skorts for them...but I went ahead and purchased the uniform dress/jumper for the both of them.  Olivia really wanted one last year, but I made her wait a little longer.  They were new to the options last year and I wanted to make sure they would still be on the list.

All in all, I spent $259 on new uniform items....2 pair of pants, 2 button down shirts, 1 clip on tie, 2 dresses, 1 PE shirt and 1 pair of PE shorts.  I'm sure I'll end up buying another pair of pants for Nathan by the end of the year.  He's growing so fast.

In addition to all their clothes, we also took care of all the school supplies.  I don't know why but the list is even longer than it was last year.  It was a total of $154 for the 3 of them.  All school supplies were on sale at Walmart.  They also needed new backpacks this year.  They've used the same backpacks for 4 years!  That was another $60.

So now, accept for new shoes and socks....we're set for school.  We're totally broke....but it's all done and I'm very thankful for that.  It's like a weight is off of my shoulders!

I'm trying my best to find J*O*Y in the little things!  I'm so thankful that my kids (if they can't be home with me) are in a good Catholic school and that Dan and I have jobs that allow us to provide for their school needs. 

No comments: