Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Monday....Happy October!

 
Can you believe that it is October 1st already?  This has been the fastest year I can remember!  I guess you could say that the older I get, the faster the time goes!  Given that this is my most favorite time of the year...I'm glad! 

It's time to get out all the fall decorations, all my pumpkin recipes and start pretending that our weather is cooler.  It's also time for me to become jealous of all my friends who live in areas with real seasons and real fall colors!

Today is the Feast Day of St. Therese of Lisieux!  What a great reminder from her that we should remain "little".  Have a wonderful day....a wonderful week!


"It is needful to remain little before God and to remain little is to recognize one's nothingness, expect all things from the good God just as a little child expects all things from its father; it is not to be troubled by anything, not to try to make a fortune. Even among poor people, a child is given all it needs, as long as it is very little, but as soon as it has grown up, the father does not want to support it any longer and says: "Work, now you are able to take care of yourself". Because I never want to hear these words I do not want to grow up, feeling that I can never earn my living, that is, eternal life in heaven. So I have stayed little, and have no other occupation than of gathering flowers of love and sacrifice and of offering them to the good God to please Him.
 
 
 

No comments: