Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Fun Links - Week 6



I apologize for my "missing in action" status lately, but LIFE is just getting in the way!  I find myself very busy with the kids.  Over the last several weeks, we've been working on Nathan's science fair project!  Thankfully, that has been turned in and we are patiently waiting for his grade!  We signed Amelia up for Girls on the Run!  This is an excellent program for girls that help them to gain self esteem and confidence as well as getting some great exercise!  Olivia is busy working to make her reading goal at school!  She loves to read and almost every morning...I find at least 4 or 5 books in her bed!  Apparently, when I think she is in bed sleeping....she is actually in bed reading!  That would explain why it's so hard to get her up in the morning! 

Anyway, without further ado, here are my Sunday Fun Links for this week:

18 Valentine's Day Craft Ideas:  Valentine's Day is not one of my favorite Feast Days.  I'm not sure why, but I dread it.  Our kids are required encouraged to bring a valentine for each child in their class.  We usually all sit down at the dining room table and we begin to address and sign the Scooby Doo or Star Wars valentines that we bought from the grocery store.  The kids get about 3 done each before the complaining begins..."my hand hurts", "can you finish these for me mom?", "I'm tired of doing this"!  So, I end up finishing them.  Ugh.  There are 20 kids in Amelia's class, 30 in Nathan's homeroom, and  19 in Olivia's class.  That's a total of almost 75 if you include the teachers!  I'm ready for something different!  If you are on Pinterest...there are TONS of ideas for you to peruse.  Here are just a few to get your creative juices going.

Free Valentine's Day Fonts:  These are really cerute if you want to use the computer to make your own valentines.  I've thought about doing this.  I'm tempted to buy a whole box of Hershey bars, take the brown label off and printing my own labels on pink or red paper using one of these fonts. I could even make an assembly line with the kids helping me!  I may just do this...stay tuned!

Toilet Paper Roll Valentine Bags:  Now isn't this a great idea.  Seems easy enough!

Gorgeous Hair Clips:  First of all, let me say that the sale that is mentioned in this blog post that I've linked to is no longer available.  This was from a post on 1/18/13.  I fully intended to put this on a Sunday Fun Link before now...but alas, I didn't.  Anyway, my hair is very, very short so I could never wear one of these...but aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen?  I LOVE THEM!!

300 Things to do when your kids say "I'M BORED":  Well, my kids tell me this ALL the time!  It strange because I don't ever remember saying those words to my parents...EVER!  It seems the culture we live in today is helping to produce children that must be entertained and stimulated constantly!  As a parent, the buck stops with me so I blame myself for this quirk in my kids, but I'm not sure how to change the pattern.  Dan and I both have to work.  In order for our household to function, I must have time to do the basics...laundry, cooking and cleaning.  Sometimes, it requires my kids to have "artificial" entertainment....like the t.v. or computer.  Most days, I just tell them to "go outside".  Living in Florida, you would think this would be a perfect place to be outside all the time!  Well, you would be wrong.  Summers here are brutal.  Hot (and I mean...HOT like the face of the sun HOT!), sticky, humid and....did I say hot?
Anyway...with 300 ideas in this link...I should be able to find something!



Enjoy the links for this week!

No comments: