Friday, May 10, 2013

It's Friday!

This has been one of those weeks that has dragged on and on for me.  For one thing, I've got 3 very sick kids at home at the moment.  Each of them succumbed at different times, but the bottom line is....they all have strep throat!  Yuk!

Thankfully, we were able to get all three of them to the doctor's office at the same time!  They are all being treated with antibiotics and hopefully they will all be on the mend soon.  The only negative to this (besides feeling awful) is that we had to pay three co pays for the doctor visit...and three co pays for the drugs!  This has been an expensive illness! 

Some other good news....as of today...there are only 3 weeks left of school!  The last day is May 31!  I don't think I have ever been so glad that a school year has come to a close...seriously!  I'm not sure how families with more than 2 or 3 children manage it.  It certainly helps if you're organized...which I am NOT....and THAT, my friends, is why I am glad it's almost over!

I really think that organization is something you have to be born with.  I mean, yes, you can take classes...you can buy organizational helps and books, but I think it has to be something in your DNA.  I have tried everything to be organized.  It works for awhile, but then, I slip right back into my old habits.

I've pretty much decided that I will never be an organized person...as a whole.  BUT, I'm thinking that if I can change just ONE thing...just ONE bad habit...I CAN be successful!  At the very least, I can find a way to keep my three kids organized for school.  Permission slips, projects, assignments, deadlines, reading logs, etc. all have a way of bringing me down and making me feel defeated.  I WILL find a way to combat this problem.  I WILL do it!  I've got to!

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Mary N. said...

Hi Nancy,
I'm sorry to hear about the strep throat going through your household (and I hope you don't get it). School doesn't get out here in NH until the third week of June!

I'm not very organized either...but I try!

Nancy said...

Mary...we go BACK to school in early/mid August! I remember as a kid...we didn't go back to school until the Tuesday after Labor Day! They make sure we go back to school right in the thickest part of hurricane season! We don't have snow days...but we do have "weather" days!

Mary N. said...

That stinks - it's the hottest part of the summer!