Saturday, September 27, 2008

Post Chemo #1, Day 3 (morning)

Strangely enough, I feel pretty normal this morning. I slept well. I took a nap when I got home from work and then woke up in time to watch the debates. I felt slightly nauseous after the debates....but I think that was political in nature!!! I was able to go right back to sleep.
I woke up feeling like myself. My legs still feel slightly heavy upon getting up at first and I did have a slight headache. But really...I feel pretty good this morning. Let's hope it lasts.
Here is the Chemo Meter for this morning:

Fatigue Meter: 2
Nausea Meter: 0
Anxiety Meter: 0
Vomiting Meter: 0
Pain Meter: 0
Overall Meter: 2

One of my very good friends is going to pick up the kids this morning and take them for a few hours. This is a blessing! I'll tell you why....the first thing Nathan asked me this morning after he had his breakfast....
"Mom, do guts have guts?"

I do not know why he wanted to know this nor was interested in answering him. But, I think I should avoid any questions that could possible make me queasy these days!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,

Found your blog through By Sun and Candlelight. I'm just getting ready to start the same chemo journey you are on (tomorrow!), so thank you for your posts. Like you this was not originally on my fall to-do list, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Will keep you in my prayers. If you want to exchange e-mail addresses that would be great. Elisabeth

Nancy said...

Elisabeth, I'm glad you found me and that now, I've found you!
Feel free to email me anytime!!
Nanc9r@aol.com.
I wish peace for tomorrow. Honestly, "getting" the chemo isn't so bad. You feel like crap for a week or so but then...slowly you start to feel normal. Hang in there and keep me posted on your progress.

Nancy