Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Keeping afloat and asking for prayers...

I'm just trying to keep my head above water today. I completed my last chemotherapy session on Monday. I had about a good 24 hours where I felt relatively normal....not anymore. The symptoms have begun again and I'm just trying to go with the flow. I'm hoping that knowing this was my last time, will help to deal with the side effects better.
In addition, the school called this morning to tell me that Amelia wasn't feeling well. She doesn't have a fever but seems pretty pale and is complaining of her stomach hurting. I put her on the couch when I got home and she immediately fell asleep. I have a bucket on stand by in case.
I'm now carrying around the hand sanitizer and wearing a mask. This is NOT a good time for me to be exposed to a stomach virus!

****Update: Just as I finished this post earlier...Amelia threw up...all over herself, the blanket and the couch! Amazingly, the bucket remained squeaky clean! Sigh.....

While I know this will be an interesting week here at hour house...I'm not in the slightest bit worried about it. I have a warm home with a loving family....it's Advent and we are eagerly expecting Christ's arrival....we will get through it all...together!!

**Could I also ask you to keep a special person in your prayers today? A blog friend has a family member having surgery today...If you have a minute to say a quick Hail Mary for her speedy recovery and ultimate healing, I'm sure that she and her family will be extremely grateful****

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy-Thank you so much...yes, we do appreciate the prayers!

Rest assured we are praying for you that the side effects of your last round of chemo are quickly gone!

Thanks so much, friend!

Melody K said...

Praying for you and Amelia! I hope you recover from the chemo quickly, and don't get the stomach flu.

aspiring... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Easter Almuena said...

Hello dear Nancy,
I found your site at aspiring's blogsite. You are in my prayers. How wonderful of you to ask for prayers for your friend Amelia when you need prayers yourself. God bless you and heal you completely!

Joyful Days said...

Prayers for your friend, your daughter and especially you.

In Christ,

Julie

Therese said...

praying for you Nancy and for your darling Amelia. I hope you don't get this.