Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mary as Intercessor

"You shall search for me, and you shall find me, when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you, and I will bring you back."  --Jer 29:13-14

Reflection:  We must pray to Mary and call upon her.  She is admirable for herself and lovable for us.  As in the Gospel, Mary now intervenes with her Son and obtains for Him miracles that the ordinary course of things would not allow. --Pope Paul VI

Prayer:  O Mary, you know our human needs and sorrows.  Grant that I may have recourse to you in all my anxieties and always obtain God's gracious help.  Amen

1 comment:

Abbey's Road said...

What a beautiful post! We were in Georgia with family who are not Catholic, and they had a LOT of questions, particularly why we pray to our Holy Mother. The non-Catholic say "I go direct!", but I say, who does a son listen to above all others? His Mother!

Blessings,
Abbey