Monday, July 19, 2010

Great Conference!

The Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Homeschool Conference in Tampa this weekend was WONDERFUL!  We had a great time!  I was blessed to attend this conference with 5 very special, Godly women who are completely dedicated to the vocation of homeschooling their children!

These women are awesome!  I don't think I've laughed so hard in my entire life!  Between the 6 of us...we have 24 children!  This made for some wonderful (and funny) discussions about homeschooling, sibling rivalry, family trips and life in general!  I look forward to getting together with them again...SOON!

Refreshments after a long drive!

Two of my favorite people in the WHOLE world!

Can you say, "Margarita"???

View from the hotel room

Another view

Straight down!





If you use Seton...then THIS was the conference for you!

Pius Media...the Catholic version of Netflix.

Lots and lots of books!

The Riverwalk

Conference Center
The only negative thing I would say was that the turn out wasn't that great!  Apparently the H.E.R.I. Convention was the same weekend, right here in Jacksonville.  I've attended this HUGE Protestant Homeschooling Convention before....tons and tons of people.  Perhaps some opted to visit H.E.R.I. instead of make the drive to Tampa.

Overall, I was very impressed and I am very encouraged  and at peace about this adventure I'm about to embark on.  I'm definitely looking forward to starting school!

***Prayer Request****
Could I please ask for your prayers for my nephew Ethan....he is back in the hospital for the second time this week.  He is having a flare up of his ulcerative colitis.  He needs our prayers desperately!

Thanks so much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful, Nancy! And many prayers coming your family's way!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Prayers--you got 'em!

Frizzy said...

Wow! Looks like a great conference for sure. I'll be sending my friend Janese over too look at your info. She's Catholic and will be homeschooling this year for the first time.

Judy Dudich said...

Oh my! That looks like SO MUCH FUN!
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling at peace and eager to get started! And may God bless your nephew and help him in his need.